We welcome both experienced finance professionals and entry/mid-level finance specialists eager to grow.
Who we are:
- A very fast-growing media production agency active in 100+ countries
- Storytailors helped produce content for platforms and networks such as Netflix, Discovery, BBC, Amazon, ITV, Al Jazeera and others (see a small fraction of our work here)
- Say the BBC wanted to film in Lima or Seoul. We have a local producer (+team) in town who assists them with logistics, contacts, contributors. This is what we are known for: organising international shoots
- We do not send someone to the countries we are active in, we use local producers in each country
- Payments are made to us, we manage and take responsibility for production as a whole. We do not simply put people in touch.
- We operate using two companies, one in the UK, one in Romania. The Finance Manager is responsible for both
- For the UK entity, we have a British accountant who assists. If needed, we can hire consultants under the coordination of the Finance Manager
- For the Romanian entity, we have a Romanian accountant
- Budgets per project are managed by our in-house Project Managers
- Check and approve payment requests under the supervision of the Managing Partner
- Check payments match invoices and reconciliate transactions
- Monthly update on P&L per annual budget (both entities)
- Check various tax compliance issues related to the UK and Romania entities
- Redesign the receipt of invoices and maybe use some process automation to make it smoother
- Purchases such as electronics (phones, laptops), SIM cards etc. Mainly for permanent staff
- Keep track of inventory (laptops and phones)
- Keep track of contracts for permanent staff and contractors
- Proficient in English (both spoken and written)
- Thorough Excel and accountancy knowledge
- An understanding of UK accountancy and business is a plus, but not a must
Full-time job to be performed under a hybrid schedule (Bucharest office minimum 40%; plus work from home). You must be based in Bucharest.